When buying a chain bear in mind the type of closure or clasp that is has. If you are buying your chain and pendant separately make sure that the pendant or medal you are considering can easily slide over one of the ends of your chain. Have fun and get creative mixing different styles and metals together to create new ways for wearing traditional pieces of jewelry. Here are a few types of chains available:
- Wheat Chain: Wheat chains are made of twisted oval links in twined together to create a very intricate and textured design.
- Box Chain: A box chain is created from square links interconnected to create a smooth and very durable chain.
- Snake Chain: Snake chains are a smooth solid chain with limited flexibility.
- Rope Chain: A rope chain is a heavier chain, which works great for hanging larger pendants. Rope chains can be made either hollow or solid.
- Cable Chain: A cable chain is a very simple chain made of round rings, of equal size, linked together.
- Figaro: A Figaro chain is a very fashionable type of chain featuring elongated links followed by a pattern of shorter links to add variety to the structure of the chain.