Dr. Matthew Bunson sits down with us at The Catholic Company to share his thoughts and insights on the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI, its impact on the history of the Church, and other personal reflections. Dr. Matthew Bunson is one of the United States’ leading authorities on the papacy and the Church.
Dr. Matthew Bunson is an American author, historian and Catholic theologian. He’s also a senior fellow at the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology. Dr. Bunson has also served as a consultant to MSNBC, NBC News, CBS Radio, and the BBC and several other media outlets. He has served as the general editor of Our Sunday Visitor’s Catholic Almanac.
Dr. Matthew Bunson has a book about Pope Francis soon to be released which you can pre-order here. This book is the culmination of much research and planning across multiple languages and sources and includes:
- The events and analysis of Pope Benedict’s resignation
- A complete biography of the first pope from the Western Hemisphere, including his family history, work as a priest and bishop, and his time as a Cardinal
- Texts and speeches given by Pope Francis from the moment of his election to his Installation
- A discussion of the Pope Francis’ coat of arms and other symbols of the papacy
- A comprehensive discussion of what lies ahead for the new pope
View Part 1 of our interview with Matthew Bunson below:
View Part 2 of our interview below:
View Part 3 of our interview below: