Seventeen Steps to Heaven: No matter how dedicated to Christ you are, familiarity can blunt your fervor and even make you less vigilant against sin. That’s why you need this warm guide! It reveals what you must do in order to begin living your life with God truly at the center of everything you do. With these seventeen steps, you’ll be able to prevent your love for God from being diminished by day-to-day pressures.
The author, Fr. Leo J. Trese, helps you to integrate into your actions the truths you profess. He gives you solid ways to look squarely at the reality and love of God and to root out contrary attachments in your life, showing you how to improve your confessions, pray more fervently, and let the fact of God’s love and the joys of Heaven inspire you to be holy.
Refreshingly unlike many modern writers, Fr. Trese speaks bluntly of Hell and of the devastating magnitude of sin. But don’t despair! He also discloses the remedies you can use to root out even the most entrenched sinful habits and attachments. Simple, profound, and insightful, this book is an effective and long-lasting antidote to the spiritual dry rot that infects the soul of even the most careful Catholics.
Make your salvation a vivifying reality as Fr. Trese shows you:
- Why Heaven is worth living for, working for, and suffering for in this life
- God’s anger: what the inspired writers of Scripture mean when they use this phrase — and how you can avoid this anger
- Do you truly belong to Christ? Four qualities you’ll have if you do
- What you must do if your confessions have become casual and thoughtless
- “It’s only a venial sin”: why this is one of the saddest phrases you could ever speak
- God’s judgment: how you can (and should) start getting ready now for this moment of divine truth
- Suffering from strong temptations? Three things you can do today to overcome them
- Plus: more to help you attain a truly soul-nourishing relationship with God!
7 Secrets of the Eucharist: Pope John Paul II referred to the Holy Eucharist as "the greatest treasure of the Church," and yet even many devoted Catholics have a very limited understanding of this powerful sacrament. This book will change all that. The reader will come away with a completely new awareness that the Eucharist is not just about receiving Communion; it's about transforming your daily life.
Deeply based on the Scriptures, the writings of the Saints, and the teachings of our two most recent Popes, this profound and remarkably readable book will introduce you to some of the "hidden" truths of the Eucharist — truths that have always been embraced by theologians, saints, and mystics, but have rarely been passed on to the average person in a meaningful way. In 7 Secrets of the Eucharist, these truths are finally made accessible to all, as author Vinny Flynn shows how each reception of Holy Communion can be a life-changing experience.
No matter how much or how little you already know about the Eucharist, the "secrets" revealed here will bring you to a new, personal "Emmaus" experience, again and again. Perfect for personal devotion, catechesis, study groups, book clubs, and theological studies, 7 Secrets of the Eucharist will rekindle the "Eucharistic amazement" called for by Pope John Paul II.
Dimensions & Specifications
Seventeen Steps to Heaven
7 Secrets of the Eucharist