- Fully tap into the abundance of grace offered at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
- A biblical way of praying the Mass that transforms it into a true prayer of the heart
How many times have you attended Mass and desired that it more fully touched your heart? You find that everyday worries and to-do lists distract from its prayers, the readings vanish from memory, and even the consecration and Communion pass by in a moment. Too often, the Mass feels like a missed opportunity for grace.
To help you fully tap into the abundance of grace offered at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, Fr. Timothy Gallagher resurrects here the teachings of Venerable Bruno Lanteri. A holy priest seeking to root himself in prayer during the turbulence of war and persecution in northern Italy, Venerable Bruno developed a biblical way of praying the Mass that transforms it into a true prayer of the heart.
Fr. Gallagher discovered this method of praying the Mass forty-five years ago, and it has been a blessing for him ever since. He now shares this method with you. Through a selection of biblical figures, he invites you live each part of the Mass with these figure’s sentiments and hearts. In these pages he shows you how to:
- Humbly seek forgiveness like the tax collector
- Give glory to God like the angels
- Listen to God’s Word with the hunger of a disciple
- Profess the Faith with the courage of the martyrs
- Receive communion with the heart of a lover
- Go forth from the Mass with the zeal of an Apostle
To fruitfully pray the Mass from the heart is a gift of grace. The biblical way of praying the Mass method is a means to dispose your soul to receive this grace. Combined with spiritual exercises and reflections – and full-color images of sacred art – you’ll find this book to be a great gift to not only grow in prayer during Mass, but in your spiritual life.
- Author: Fr. Timothy Gallagher
- Pages: 150
- Format: Paperback