- The Catholic Reader's Bible: The Four Gospels and The Acts of the Apostles
- Scripture in its original form – without all the verse numbers, section heads, comments, references, and footnotes
- Generous, single-column pages graced with handsome, readable type
- Uses the Douay-Rheims Bible as the base, then employs language that is more intelligible and familiar today
- Perfect for brief devotional moments as well as for long, delightful hours of extended reading
One of the most prized Bible translations, the Challoner-Rheims, is presented here as a “Reader’s Bible,” offering the sacred words of Scripture in the form in which they were originally written – without all the verse numbers, section heads, comments, references, and footnotes that, although valuable to scholars, clutter up most Bibles today, drawing attention away from the meaning of the Sacred Text itself.
The early Christians read “the inspired Word of God” without all those academic distractions. Now, with this Catholic Reader’s Bible, you finally can too.
Instead of double columns that squeeze short lines of text up against each other, here you’ll find generous, single-column pages graced with handsome, readable type. For navigation purposes, the top of each page lists the range of verses on that page.
Plus, this venerable eighteenth-century translation by Richard Challoner, Roman Catholic bishop of England, relies on the long-revered Douay-Rheims Bible and employs language that is more intelligible and familiar today – which is certainly a boon for those of us who open our Bibles not as scholars but as seekers yearning simply to come to know and to love God.
If you’ve never read God’s Word in this way – as it was written – then you are in for an exciting and inspiring experience.
The Catholic Reader’s Bible is perfect for brief devotional moments as well as for long, delightful hours of extended reading.
Note: Personalization, if added, will be foiled in gold on the cover of the bible.
- Translation: Challoner-Rheims (From Douay-Rheims)
- Pages: 364
- Format: Hardback