- Celebrating the Mass: A Guide for Understanding and Loving the Mass More Deeply
- The scriptural and historical background of the Last Supper
- The tremendous significance of the Eucharist and what really happens
- All four Eucharistic prayers—how they differ in focus and what elements remain the same
- The liturgical sights and sounds, altar vessels, furnishings, and vestments
Father McBride extends to all an earnest invitation to know and love the Mass more deeply.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church calls the Eucharist "the heart and summit of the Church's life" (1407). Certainly we are called to participate as fully and enthusiastically as possible. Along with the official texts of the Ordinary of the Mass are Father McBride's enlightening explanations.
An ideal prayer companion, Celebrating the Mass is a convenient guide for all who seek a better understanding of this, our most sacred banquet, and to celebrate more profoundly the great mystery of love we call the Mass.