- Daily Roman Missal Third Edition
- Single volume
- Bible passages and prayers that form the rich tapestry of our Mass
- A beautiful, lasting gift idea
The Daily Roman Missal, Third Edition, durable and beautiful with a deep burgundy padded bonded leather cover and 6 ribbon markers, is both a tool and a treasure for any Catholic who wishes to learn about, love, and live the Mass more fully.The Daily Roman Missal, Third Edition presents the liturgical year's worth of Sacred Scripture, allowing the faithful to follow and delve further into the Church's holy celebration including those for the Sunday liturgies.
This new edition is updated with the guidelines of the Bishop's Committee on the Liturgy.
*Seventh Edition, Third Printing Copyright 1993-2012 - Texts of Roman Missal, Third Edition, Copyright 2010 - Liturgical Calendar Table Years 2011-2024
**Note: Most missals list the year-letters from 2011 until 2030. However, the missal can still be used after that. To find the current readings for the year, you simply need to know whether we are in reading cycle A, B, or C, which changes for the year at the beginning of each Advent. To find out what year we are currently in, simply go to the USCCB website to check what year we are in or purchase the current year's "Missal Guide" booklet.
Other valuable revisions include:
- All the readings for a day are now contained in each entry, not referenced throughout the volume.
- Both the long and short forms of readings are printed.
- Illustrations from illuminated manuscripts grace the pages.
- The sixteen new saints in the Church's calendar of feast days are added.
- Relevant passages from the Catechism of the Catholic Church offer an educational perspective on the liturgies for Sundays, feast days, and solemnities.
- Devotional prayers for before and after Mass have been expanded with new translations more literal and faithful to the Latin originals.
- Latin translation of the Novus Ordo is included for the mass parts. It does NOT contain the Tridentine Latin Mass.
- Eucharistic Prayers for Reconciliation I and II are NOT included in this particular version of the Third Revised Daily Roman Missal.
Below is an initial "set up" ribbons suggestion. It gives the new user somewhere to start—which can be adjusted as their proficiency develops.
1st ribbon--place in the proper location for the readings--Proper of Time
2nd ribbon--place in first page of the Introductory Rites/Confiteor
3rd ribbon--at the Liturgy of the Eucharist
4th ribbon--at Communion Rite / Our Father
5th ribbon--at the Proper of the Saints
6th ribbon--at the Prayers Before / After Mass
- Measures 6.75" x 4.5" x 2"
- Weighs just over 2 lbs
- 10 pt. font size
- Printed in Italy
- Personalization up to 12 characters per line