- Father McBride's Teen Catechism
- Answers the questions teenagers really ask about the Faith
- Makes an ideal Confirmation gift
The purpose of Father McBride's Teen Catechism is to open up the Catechism to our teen-age members. This book is not a substitute for the Catechism, but is an introduction. It will help young readers acquire a sense of the meaning, the inner coherence, and the direction the Catechism offers for becoming a knowledgeable, practicing and faith-filled young Catholic.
This book assumes that young people are only at the beginning of a lifelong faith journey, that they have many stages of faith growth ahead of them and that this is but one step in that enriching process. It also assumes that the readers will be led to explore the Catechism on their own, keep it at their bedsides and study desks for the rest of their lives, drawing from it the consoling and challenging message of Christ for their spiritual lives
Along with the Holy Scripture and the celebration of the Sacraments, this Catechism should provide young people with a tool of Catholic learning as well as a guide to morality, prayer and the outline of a Catholic lifestyle.
Every lesson follows this outline:
3. Wrong or inadequate answer
4. The right answer from the Catechism, along with some explanation
5. A further clarification of the teaching
6. A reflection on the truth taken from a saint, theologian, or other outstanding Catholic
7. "In My Life" - Series of questions to help teens apply truth to their lives
8. Prayer starter
- 6 x 9 inches