- Excellent resource for Spiritual Directors and individuals
- Drawing on the wisdom of St. Ignatius' Spiritual Exercises
- Practical advice for de-stressing and developing inner peace
- Wonderful guide to developing discernment, detachment and balance
Do you feel exhausted, anxious, or distracted? Do you want to free your mind from mental clutter?
Popular retreat leader and spiritual director Fr. Christopher Collins, SJ, says that if you turn your heart to God you will find clarity and spiritual peace. In Habits of Freedom, Collins offers you five practical tools to help you develop a habit of daily discernment that will lead to inner calm.
Drawing on the wisdom of St. Ignatius Loyola and his renowned Spiritual Exercises, Collins offers practical spiritual exercises for incorporating five tools into your daily life to help you de-stress, organize your thoughts, and experience the calming presence of Jesus. These are:
- allowing God to show you the signs of oncoming anxiety and mental breakdown;
- developing the ancient practice of spiritual discernment to help analyze your moods and perceptions;
- interpreting life events with an eye toward personal growth and resiliency;
- practicing detachment from negative influences; and
- engaging in interior sensitivity to how God works to bring you peace.
- Author: Christopher S. Collins, SJ
- 128 Pages