- Draws from the beautiful truths of Catholic teaching to show people of all faiths about rich and satisfying sexuality
- includes dozens of questionnaires, quizzes, and valuable lessons from real-life stories.
What if everything you thought you knew about sex was wrong?
"You are about to discover Christianity’s best kept secret: the mystical power of sexual love and the surprising, practical insights this tradition reveals how you and your beloved can experience a passion that will empower you to “rise in ecstasy toward the Divine”. In Holy Sex! you will discover what it takes to celebrate a toe-curling, eye-popping, mind blowing, deeply spiritual and profoundly sacramental sexuality; a sexual relationship that is both fully sensual and fully equipped to move beyond sensuality so that it can become an authentically transformative, spiritual encounter. Heaven will be wedded to earth as you and your spouse walk the path toward becoming Infallible Lovers--the kind of lovers who can infuse their marital lives with a passion that reaches biblical proportions. Literally. If these sound like big promises, they are meant to be. By the end of this book, you and your beloved will know how to create a passion that will make the angels smile and the neighbors sick with jealousy." -- from the introduction to Holy Sex.
Common wisdom portrays sex and church to be at odds, yet studies show that Catholics have better sex, and more often. This witty, frank, and refreshingly orthodox book draws from the beautiful truths of Catholic teaching to show people of all faiths about rich and satisfying sexuality. Hailed by Christians across the spectrum from Christopher West and Janet E. Smith to John L. Allen, Jr., Holy Sex includes dozens of questionnaires, quizzes, and valuable lessons from real-life stories.
Gregory A. Popcak , Ph.D., a marriage and family counselor, is the founder/director of the Pastoral Solutions Institute, combining cutting-edge psychology with orthodox Catholic teaching and offering seminars for the Catholic faithful.
Table of Contents
PART ONE - CHRISTIANITY'S BEST-KEPT SECRET
1. Sex, Lies, and the Real Thing
2. Fool's Gold: Holy Sex of Eroticism
3. What Are Infallible Lovers Made of?
4. Climbing Higher: The Sexuality Continuum
PART TWO - THE FIVE GREAT POWERS OF HOLY SEX
5. Sex Makes Us Holy
6. Sex is Sacramental
7. Sex is a Sign of God's Love
8. Sex Unites
9. Sex Creates
PART THREE - THE SCHOOL OF LOVE
10. Questions about Natural Family Planning
11. The Infallible Lover's Guide to Pleasure
12. The Anatomy of Infallible Loving: Setting the Stage
13. The Anatomy of Infallible Loving: The Good Stuff
PART FOUR - OVERCOMING COMMON PROBLEMS
14. Is There Sex after Kids?
15. When NFP is Too Hard
16. You've Lost That Loving Feeling
17. Common Sexual Problems for Women
18. Common Sexual Problems for Men
19. Overcoming Infertility
21. Masturbation and Pornography
22. When to Seek Help (and from Whom)
23. Holy Sex Is Your Inheritance
Test Your Holy Sex Quotient (HSQ)
Maximizing the Senses of Taste and Smell in Foreplay
Maximizing the Visual Sense in Foreplay
Maximizing the Auditory Sense in Foreplay
Maximizing the Sense of Touch in Foreplay
How Engaged Are You?
Develop a Marital Mission Statement
Make Sure Marriage and Family is Your Priority
Learning to Harmonize
Sexual Addiction: Do You Have a Problem?
- Author: Dr. Gregory K. Popcak
- Pages: 352
- Format: Softcover