- Laudato Sí: On Care for Our Common Home
- Author: Pope Francis
- Pope Francis’ second encyclical addresses mankind’s responsibility to care for and protect God’s creation
- The first pope to devote an entire encyclical to the environment
- Includes reflection questions making it ideal for individual or group study
“Let us be protectors of creation, protectors of God’s plan inscribed in nature, protectors of one another and of the environment.”
– Pope Francis, Homily for the Inauguration of the Petrine Ministry, March 19, 2103
In his second encyclical, Laudato Sí', On Care for Our Common Home, Pope Francis follows and expands on Catholic teaching on mankind’s responsibility to care for God’s creation, and protect and care for the most vulnerable. This letter builds on the teachings of previous popes including Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI and Pope Saint John Paul II.
Laudato Si' published by Our Sunday Visitor includes reflection questions, making it perfect for individual or group study.
“The Church is likewise conscious of the responsibility which all of us have for our world, for the whole of creation, which we must love and protect.”
-- Pope Francis, Audience with Representatives of the Churches and Ecclesial Communities and of the Different Religions, March 20, 2013