- Lay Saints: The Noble and the Humble
- Learn about the lives of sixty-one holy lay men and women
- Inspiring biographies of saints who sanctified their daily work through prayer and virtue
- A reminder that ALL of us are called to be holy: not just priests and nuns!
In Lay Saints: The Noble and the Humble, Joan Carroll Cruz guides you through the lives of sixty-one lay men and women who achieved the heights of sanctity. These inspiring biographies present saints, whether kings and queens or peasants and farmers, who sanctified their daily work through the application of prayer and virtue.
Find a role model from among these saints as Joan Carroll Cruz explores:
- their acts of humilty that you can imitate
- how they performed their daily tasks with love
- stories of the saintly leadership of truly Catholic rulers
- how small, habitual acts of virtue lead to perfection
The saints in this volume range from the great kings and queens of Europe, who were the epitome of true leadership and by whose example whole nations were converted, to the humble farmers and day laborers, who went about their work giving praise to God and calling others to the way of Perfection.