- This journal is designed as a series of meditations on the Incarnation
- Allows one to contemplate more deeply the circumstances of Jesus's coming by pondering the four reasons for the Incarnation
Our lectio divina journal, And the Word became flesh, allows one to contemplate more deeply the circumstances of His coming by pondering the four reasons for the Incarnation.
We are happy to share with you our publication, And the Word became Flesh. This journal is designed as a series of meditations on the Incarnation. The Catechism gives four "reasons" why God became man in Jesus Christ. In reflecting on the life of Christ and meditating on these reasons, we can find the high calling and glorious destiny that is ours as Christians – the call to be sons and daughters of the Father in the Son and through the Holy Spirit. What an appropriate way to join Mary in preparing the manger of our hearts to receive the Christ Child.
These four reasons are the basis for the mission of Jesus Christ:
- He came in order to reconcile us with God, to save us from our sins.
- He came so that we might know God's love.
- He came to be our model for this life, a model of holiness.
- He came to make us partakers of the divine nature.
May we, after these four weeks of preparation, understand and embrace more deeply that "The Word became flesh so that thus we might know God's love"and that" In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him."
- Author: Sr. John Dominic Rasmussen O.P.
- Pages: 60
- Format: Paperback