- Eastern Catholic prayer beads - 50 beads
- Ancient traditional prayer practice
- Keep God present throughout the day
The Chotki is a very simple prayer rope. Early Christians made several variations of this prayer, which became known as the Jesus Prayer. It has come down to us in three forms:
- Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on me.
- Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
- Lord Jesus Christ, by the prayers of Our Lady, have mercy on me.
The Jesus Prayer is said on each and every bead. However, for special intentions, you substitute the name of another who is ill or in need of special prayers. The Chotki consists of 25, 33, 50, 100 or 103 beads or knots, and is said to have been inspired by the words of St. Paul in 1 Thessalonians 5:17, "Pray without ceasing.” This Chotki has 33 traditional wooden beads.
Keep it in your pocket, a purse, or in the car. May it draw you close to Our Lord throughout your busy day!
- 13" (L)