- Exclusive rosary requested by the Missionaries of the Poor
- Moving white magnesite and blue stained wood design
- Reflection on the spirit and mission of the MOP Brothers
- Designed and produced exclusively at The Catholic Company
The Missionaries of the Poor (M.O.P) is an international monastic order of Brothers dedicated to “Joyful Service with Christ on the Cross” to serve the poorest of the poor. Founded in 1981 by Father Richard Ho Lung, the Missionaries of the Poor have established nine missions around the world and now serve the Lord among the poorest of the poor in Jamaica, Africa, Haiti, India, the Philippines, Indonesia, East Timor and the United States.
This rosary has special meaning as it was designed with the help of the M.O.P. Brothers in Monroe, North Carolina. Br. Marc was a friend of ours at the Catholic Company and had recently asked us to make a unique rosary for the brothers of the M.O.P. Sadly, Br. Marc died suddenly only a few months after making this request and was never able to see the rosary that he helped to create.
This beautiful piece, dedicated in memory of Br. Marc, beautifully reflects the spirit and mission of the Missionaries of the Poor. The creamy, white magnesite beads represent purity, and the blue accents speak of the Blessed Mother, the patroness of the M.O.P. The humble, wooden Our Father beads serve as a reminder of the poverty and service to which the brothers dedicate their lives. A moving gift for anyone who admires the service of this Order or who has participated in a mission trip with the Brothers!
Includes a prayer card of the Mysteries of the Rosary.
© Copyright 2018 Trinity Road LLC/The Catholic Company
*Due to the materials used, natural variations in the size and color of beads may occur.
- Decades: 8mm white magnesite beads, 3mm silver plated brass beads
- OF portion: 10mm blue wood bead, 3mm silver plated brass beads
- Silver oxidized 1" (H) centerpiece and 2" (H) crucifix - Made in Italy
- 19" (L)