- 2 Bk Set- Learn how Christ is closest to you when He is silent and developing intimacy with God
- Overcoming Sinful Thoughts
- Shows us how the devil uses our thoughts to throw us off balance and draw us into sin
- Mother Angelica on Suffering and Burnout
- Helps you understand the purpose of suffering, how it can be redemptive, and when suffering can go to waste
Overcoming Sinful Thoughts:
Satan is constantly at work disturbing our peace, corrupting our thoughts, demoralizing us in our weaknesses, and diverting our attention away from God. His goal: to paralyze our spiritual efforts and mire us in a life of sin.
Sin begins in our minds, so we must train ourselves to root out evil thoughts before they take hold—or deter them from entering in the first place. In this powerful, life-changing book, Fr. Thomas Morrow shows us how the devil uses our thoughts to throw us off balance and draw us into sin. He also explains how our thoughts can dissuade us from doing good and even inhibit us from developing intimacy with God.
Fr. Morrow will also show you:
- Why God allows suffering in the world
- John Paul II’s pivotal advice for controlling your sexual desires
- The reason Satan wants you to aim for purgatory
- Why you must never regard Confession as embarrassing
- How the devil tempts you to believe that venial sins aren’t so bad
- How to prevent loneliness from becoming the devil’s playground
- Why it’s wrong to believe that governing your feelings means you can’t be yourself
The root cause of sinful thinking is a misunderstanding of the world God has created and the Truth His Son has revealed. Ultimately, the precept that every Christian must accept is that nothing in this world can satisfy our longing for happiness—other than God and the Life to which He calls us. This book reveals that Life and shows you how to claim it.
Mother Angelica on Suffering and Burnout:
From the spiritual writings and reflections of Mother Angelica comes this lucid and life-transforming book for anyone who struggles with suffering, or finds difficulty in persevering in your daily responsibilities.
Mother Angelica provides consolation and advice that only a spiritual mother can provide, helping you to understand the purpose of suffering, how it can be redemptive, and when to know you’re allowing your suffering to go to waste.
You’ll also learn about dryness in prayer and how it can be a gift, as well as how to respond to what she alls “spiritual hangovers.”
You’ll learn how Christ is closest to you when He is silent, and how His silence can be one of the most powerful and purifying elements of the spiritual life.
Finally, Mother Angelica shows you that what Jesus needs most from you is gratitude, trust, and, indeed, weakness. Follow the advice Mother Angelica offers in these pages, and you’ll soon find yourself consoled and reawakened to the generous grace God is daily offering to you.
Dimensions & Specifications
Overcoming Sinful Thoughts
- Author: Fr. Thomas G. Morrow
- Pages: 240
- Format: Paperback
Mother Angelica on Suffering and Burnout
- Author: Mother Angelica
- Pages: 256
- Format: Hardcover