- 2 Book Set
- Pope Benedict XVI Last Testament (In His Own Words)
- The story of the first Pope to resign in over 700 years
- The Secret Life of John Paul II
- Come to know John Paul II in a way you never have before
- The “Vatileaks” case in which his butler leaked some of his personal letters that alleged corruption and scandal in the Vatican (the butler remains in jail)
- The presence of a “gay lobby” within the Vatican and how he dismantled it
- His alleged Nazi upbringing
- His attempts at cleaning up the “dirt in the church” (clerical sexual abuse)
- The mysterious private secretary “Gorgeous George”
On a more personal level he writes with great warmth of his successor Pope Francis, who he admits has a popular touch, a star quality which he has lacked. Much controversy still surrounds Pope Benedict`s Papacy--in this book he addresses these controversies and reveals how at his late age, governing and reforming the Papacy and particularly the Vatican, was beyond him. Pope Benedict XVI served as pope of the Catholic Church from 2005 to 2013. He was elected pope on April 19, 2005, was inaugurated on April 24, 2005 and resigned from the office on February 28, 2013. The Secret Life of John Paul II:
Blessed Pope John Paul II was an avid sportsman, a skilled skier, and a lover of the outdoors. That much is known. But the story of his secret trips to the mountains with a handful of his closest friends remains hidden. No longer.
For the first time in English, join Lino Zani, John Paul's ski guide and friend for a behind-the-scenes look at the Pope away from the Vatican.
The Secret Life of Pope John Paul II is the story of the Pope as you've never seen him before, at play and prayer in his beloved mountains.
Dimensions & Specifications:
Pope Benedict XVI Last Testament (In His Own Words)
- Dimensions: 5.9 x 1.2 x 8.3"
- ISBN: 9781472944672
- Author: Pope Benedict XVI
- Format: Softcover
- Language: English
- Pages: 224
The Secret Life of John Paul II
- ISBN: 9781618904041
- Author: Lino Zani
- Format: Hardcover
- Pages: 220
- Language: English