- John Paul the Great: His Five Loves
- A unique look at John Paul II
- Explore the depths of Saint John Paul’s five great loves: Young People, Human Love, The Eucharist, Our Lady, The Cross
- Beautiful and inspiring
Discover the five great loves of St. John Paul II through remarkable unpublished stories on him from bishops, priests, students, Swiss Guards, and others. Mining through a mountain of papal resources, Jason Evert has uncovered these many gems, offering a treasure chest brimming with the jewels of the saint’s life. After a brief overview of John Paul’s life, Evert explores in depth his five great loves: Young People, Human Love, The Eucharist, Our Lady, The Cross.
This work is intended to be catechetical, inspiring, and evangelical. By looking at what he loved and why, the goal is to help readers learn more about key aspects John Paul’s life and teachings, including Theology of the Body, Divine Mercy, Total Consecration, Eucharistic adoration, and redemptive suffering.
Woven throughout the book is an assortment of intriguing stories and facts that most Catholics don’t know about the saint, such as:
- How the communists actually selected him as archbishop
- How a priest stabbed him in Fatima, yet he continued with the liturgy
- How one of Osama Bin Laden’s “best men” nearly murdered him in the Philippines
- How he had conversations with the Virgin Mary
- Author: Jason Evert
- 300 pages
- Includes 8 pages of color photos