Souls At Rest
- The importance of keeping the Sabbath
- Why we need a day of rest
- How to design your own personal Sabbath practice
- Thought-provoking reading in today's overworked culture
- Perfect reminder for those too busy to seek restorative time
is a profound exploration of the meaning and practice of Sabbath for contemporary readers; a restful, poetic counterpoint to the velocity and noise of today’s world, and a cure for its primary woes. The ancient, worldwide understanding of cyclical rest is here blended with the formal Jewish Sabbath and made intensely new and relevant in the light of the Eucharist. Readers are invited to cultivate interior freedom by designing a contemplative and personal Sabbath practice.