- Classic image of St. Anne & Child Mary
- Painted by Bartolomé Esteban Murillo
- Tender portrait of mother and daughter
- Framed ornately in gold wood
- Special gift for mothers and grandmothers
Sometimes called "St. Anne Teaching the Child Mary" or "St. Anne Teaching the Virgin to Read" or "The Education of the Virgin," this image by Bartolomé Esteban Murillo was painted sometime around 1665 and has become one of the most beloved images of St. Anne and Mary. It honors St. Anne, Patron Saint of Grandmothers and Mothers, and helps us see with even more tenderness the childhood of the Blessed Virgin. Framed ornately in a fine art quality, gold wood frame, featuring petite beading on the interior bevel and an acanthus leaf motif on the outer edge. Protected beneath clear glass. Perfect gift for mothers and grandmothers.