- Helpful for parents to use to talk to their teens about these difficult issues in the context of our Faith
- Addresses issues like bullying and the occult, but does not get deep into the much darker moral evils
- A good conversation starter and the lessons can be applied to issues not addressed specifically in the book
If you know anyone who is young, it is likely that you fear for their spiritual survival.
As a High School Theology teacher for ten years, and a father of three, I, the author know why we fear for them.
I, too, was a youth once, and I learned the hard way that the youth need to be trained in spiritual warfare.
This book, Swords and Shadows: Navigating Youth Amidst the Wiles of Satan, is the fruit of a grand conversion which Our Lord orchestrated in my life twenty years ago, and which is still playing out to this day. It is based on the teachings of Fr. Chad Ripperger, Fr. Gabriele Amorth, and other modern exorcists, as well as the teachings of some of the greatest Saints in the Church's history.
As I believe you will agree - Swords and Shadows is a book our youth need to read! Written by a once-fallen-away Catholic lost in depression, who was lifted up by God's grace to become a (former) seminarian and now a 10-year Theology teacher, and father of three - it is based on a true story, brief and to the point, practical and enlightening, real and inspiring.
- It's helpful for parents to use to talk to their teens about these difficult issues in the context of our Faith
- It helps parents because they do not need to share their own story as the book is already built around mine
- It addresses issues like bullying and the occult, but does not get deep into the much darker moral evils
- It's a good conversation starter, and the lessons can be applied to issues not addressed specifically in the book
Charles D Fraune is a husband, father, theology professor, and researcher on spiritual warfare. His book "Slaying Dragons: What Exorcists See & What We Should Know", is an Amazon bestseller.
- Author: Charles D Fraune
- Pages: 69
- Format: Paperback