- Bible in a year reading plan
- Summary of key points and commentary
- Daily prayer based on the readings
- Images, Q&A, and prayer prompts for the daily Scripture
- Great companion to go deeper into The Bible in a Year podcast
Get even more out of The Bible in a Year, the incredibly popular podcast by Fr. Mike Schmitz.
The Bible in a Year Companion guide takes Catholics through the award-winning podcast The Bible in a Year (with Fr. Mike Schmitz)™ including daily summaries, transcripts of Fr. Mike’s daily prayers, and extra content for each episode. It’s the perfect way to remember what you’re hearing, as well as learn even more about each part of Scripture! The perfect pairing with the Great Adventure Bible.
The Companion presents daily content for each episode of the podcast, including:
- The proprietary Bible in a Year Reading Plan
- Summary of the key points and highlights of Fr. Mike’s commentary on the daily readings
- "Take It to Prayer", where Catholics will be able to pray the daily prayer alongside Fr. Mike
- Unique content surrounding each day’s readings, from images and Q&As to prayer prompts and ways to live out the Scriptures in real life
In addition to the daily content, each time period will have a Time Period Introduction and Review. Written by Jeff Cavins, these will help Catholics to know what to look for in the days ahead, and to recall what has happened in the days completed.
From Fr. Mike's introduction:
“I believe that this Bible in a Year Companion is a great tool to take you deeper. It is one thing to be exposed to the Story, but it is another to remember it. This Companion will help those who are so quick to forget—which is all of us! … In this world, where we are so tempted toward distraction and distress, we now have a resource to understand how the story of salvation unfolds and how we can fit into that story today.
Volume I of The Bible in a Year Companion covers Days 1–120 of The Bible in a Year podcast.
- 266 pages
- Covers Days 1-120 of The Bible in a Year Podcast with Fr. Mike Schmitz