- It is far too easy to get caught up in the day-to-day details of our work hat we can lose sight of our true mission
- Shows what it takes to get back on track and how our Christian mission always begins and ends with people
- Offers a simple yet radical invitation to roll up your sleeves and make a difference by getting back to basics
As Christians, and especially as people who work for the Church, we are part of an incredible mission: to bring people to Jesus. Jesus himself gave us this mission when he said, "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations" (Mt 28:19). Yet it is far too easy to get caught up in the day-to-day details of our work — so much so that we can lose sight of our true mission.
In The Heart of the Mission: Simple Ways to Bring People to Jesus, Cande de Leon shows what it takes to get back on track. With wisdom and humor born of his own experience, he shows how our Christian mission always begins and ends with people. To help us live this in our daily life and work, he guides us through three transformational principles for ministry and life:
- Strengthening relationships
- Boldly growing engagement
- Connecting people to the mission
Whether you are a pastor, part of a parish staff, or a volunteer at your home parish, these principles apply to you. Because if we really want to make transformational change in our Church and our world, we first have to recognize the people in front of us — who they are, what they need, what gifts God has given them, and how he is inviting them to participate in the mission of the Church. Not merely another program to transform your parish, this book offers a simple yet radical invitation to roll up your sleeves and make a difference by getting back to basics.
- Author: Cande de Leon
- Pages: 144
- Format: Paperback