- Poem & play about St. Joan of Arc
- The awakening of her vocation
- By beloved French author Charles Péguy
- Elegant soliloquies on the mystery of God's love, sin, suffering, redemption
- Wonderful work to add to your collection
The Mystery of the Charity of Joan of Arc, first published in English in 1950, is an amalgamation of a poem and a play, taking as its central theme the awakening of Joan of Arc’s vocation. To create the text’s unique cadence and character, Péguy fashions elevated soliloquies on the mystery of God’s love for humanity and intersperses among them sober meditations on sin, suffering, and redemption.
Prophetic and penetrating, Péguy’s The Mystery of the Charity of Joan of Arc endures as a literary testament to the reality—and realization—of God’s call to the human heart.
“The greatest Catholic poem ever written since the Divine Comedy.” –Joseph Lotte
- Author: Charles Péguy
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 256