- Biographies of St. Therese and St. Elizabeth of the Trinity
- Two beloved Carmelites whose spiritualities compliment one another
- Keen insights and moving details
- Thought-provoking analysis of two treasures of the Church
Balthasar's unique volume on Thérèse of Lisieux and Elizabeth of the Trinity presents a theological biography of each of these holy Carmelite sisters which gives profound insights into their spirituality, showing that their differences actually complement one another.
Balthasar probes the depths of the contemplative mission of each of these young Carmelites who both died in their twenties, and gave powerful witness to the critical importance of contemplation as a means to holiness. Each woman is clearly shown as a daughter of her Carmelite heritage with her own emphasis: Thérèse's discovery of the "little way of love" and Elizabeth's focus on the indwelling of God in the soul.
- Author: Hans Urs Von Balthasar
- 499 pages