- What Every Catholic Needs to Know About the Bible (DVD)
- How was the Bible compiled?
- What does the word "testament" mean?
- Is the Bible alone necessary, or do we also need tradition?
Everyone knows that the Holy Bible is the best-selling book of all time. It is available in more versions and in more languages than any other book in history.
But the Bible is more than the world’s most widely distributed book. The Sacred Scriptures are really a whole library of sacred books, letters, prophecy and poetry, all of which are believed to be inspired by God by millions around the world.
But many read the Bible and never stop to ask, “Where did we get the Bible?” “By what authority was it compiled?” “Where can you find the correct interpretation of the Bible?”
On this remarkable DVD, Matthew Arnold (Our Catholic Faith, The Miracles of Jesus) has brought together the following respected team of Catholic experts to explore the above questions and many more: author and apologist Jesse Romero, M.A.; Brandt Pitre, Ph.D., assistant professor of Scripture and Theology at Our Lady of Holy Cross College, in New Orleans; Michael Barber, M.A., professor of Scripture, Theology and Catholic Thought at John Paul the Great Catholic University, San Diego; and best-selling author, professor of theology and Pope Benedict XVI Chair of Biblical Theology and Liturgical Proclamation as St. Vincent Seminary in Latrobe PA, Scott Hahn, Ph.D.
Now you’ll be empowered to discover and share the “Gospel truth” about such important topics as the inspiration of Scripture, the formation of the Biblical canon, the crucial role of the Church’s Tradition in Biblical interpretation, and the history of Biblical translations from the time of Christ to today.
You’ll also learn the truth about the pervasive Protestant charges that the Catholic Church banned and burned the Bible; that the Church chained the Bible and kept it in a dead language in order to keep the Scriptures from the people.
You’ll find this DVD to be perfect for adult inquiry classes, RCIA, Confirmation and Catholic Bible study groups. With this inspiring and enlightening presentation, you’ll have a powerful and painless way to share the essential truths about the Bible and its relationship to the Catholic Church with Catholic adults and young people, the un-churched, and our separated brethren. Order now and discover What Every Catholic Needs to Know About the Bible.
- How the Bible was compiled
- What the words “Testament” really means
- Why the Bible is primarily a “Liturgical book”
- How the Holy Mass is “the Bible in action”
- Why it is absolutely necessary to properly interpret the Sacred Page
- How the divisions of the New Testament parallel the Old
- How discovering the literary forms employed by the inspired authors helps us to understand the Bible
- Why the doctrine of “the Bible alone” is unhistorical and unbiblical
- What is the history of Biblical translations
- How the Bible is God’s Word to you today
- 55 minute run time