- When You Suffer: Biblical Keys for Hope and Understanding
- By renowned author and convert Jeff Cavins
- How to find meaning and joy in the midst of pain and suffering
- Why we suffer and how it can draw us closer to God
To be human is to suffer—physically, emotionally, and spiritually. In addition to our own suffering, we also encounter the suffering of those around us. While the world of medicine attempts to relieve suffering and the media tries to sell us on a life without pain, only the Church offers the perspective that suffering has meaning.
St. John Paul II said that suffering without meaning can lead to despair, but if we can attach meaning to our suffering, we are capable of going through anything.
When You Suffer is a refreshing look at the mystery of pain and suffering and how to find meaning and even joy in the midst of it. Jeff Cavins discusses why we suffer and how our suffering can draw us closer to God. He explains that suffering is the greatest opportunity to love as Christ loves and how, by “offering up” our suffering, we join in the Christ’s mission to redeem the world.
- Demonstrates the meaning and value of suffering
- Explains the biblical perspective on suffering
- Shows how Christ’s suffering gives us help and strength to face our own
- Brings you peace, increases your faith, and strengthens your resolve in the midst of suffering
- Gives you comfort in God's word when you are in pain
- Helps you experience the presence of God in your suffering
About the Author:
Jeff Cavins, director of evangelization for the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, is the creator of the popular Great Adventure Bible Study series and the founding host of EWTN’s weekly program Life on the Rock. He is an international speaker and the author of several books, including Praise God and Thank Him: Biblical Keys for a Joyful Life. He and his wife, Emily, lead annual pilgrimages to the Holy Land.
- 5½ x 8½ inches