Are you looking for a great opportunity, with great products and a friendly environment? Well, look no further!
Check here for Trinity Road, LLC job postings for full time, part-time, and seasonal positions. Trinity Road is a leading multichannel distributor of family-friendly religious and inspirational products. Powered by cutting edge Internet enabled technology, we strive to meet the diverse needs of hundreds of thousands of customers around the world. Located in South Charlotte, close to Pineville or I-485/I-77 interchange.
The Catholic Company is the leading Catholic online book and gift store. Our mission statement is "To provide world-class products and services that honor God and our community." We are faithful to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church and strive to promote only those materials whose contents will bring greater glory to God, the exaltation of His Church, and the salvation of souls. With a selection of thousands of items, we offer an ever-growing selection of rosaries, medals, statues, bibles, DVDs, and other gifts for every occasion.
Trinity Road LLC, DBA The Catholic Company, is a growing Internet Retailer, Distributor and Manufacturer of Catholic, Christian, and Inspirational product located in Charlotte, North Carolina is seeking a CONTROLLER. As the Controller, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the financial operation, HR function, work directly with various departments, and ensure accurate financial reporting. We are looking for a candidate with previous distribution and light manufacturing experience, along with an inventory background, strong communication skills and exceptional financial analytical abilities. This position reports directly to the CEO.
Please apply by sending your cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Forecasting and Reporting – Current month and YTD financial statements, monthly forecast, and annual budgeting.
- Analyze financial reports to explain actual results, variances to budget, and identify data trends indicating a need for further investigation or a change in policy.
- Building income statements out of the ERP system
- Determine cash flow forecast to guide financial and operational strategies.
- Partners with the department managers to provide pertinent data to establish Operational and Financial goal alignment and drive toward results.
- Prepares and presents monthly financial results and related KPI’s (including monthly financial performance package)
- Coordinates and leads the preparation of the annual budget/forecast process.
- Prepares ad-hoc financial reports and analyzes as requested.
- Supports information requests from internal departments.
- Ensures compliance with accounting policies, including maintenance of internal controls and process documentation.
- Inventory cost accounting, including the accuracy of inventory quantities and costs, also assists plant management in managing physical inventory efficiently.
- Assist in the preparation of financial forecasts and annual business plans.
- Coordinates with external auditors for year-end audit
- Monitor expenses and variances to the business plan; recommend improvements.
- Assists the COO in identifying opportunities to improve the company's overall financial health.
- Assists company decision-making with special analysis by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Manages and mentors accounting staff.
- Oversee multiple state sales tax reporting and all other business/financial compliance filings.
- Coordinates income tax reporting with the company's outside CPA firm
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures to ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting in compliance with GAAP.
- Supervises month-end reconciliation and account-closing processes.
- Develops and improves internal processes related to Costing and Financial Reporting
Functional Competencies - Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Ability to maintain a high level of trust and handle sensitive information confidentially.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks while delegating and holding the staff accountable.
- Thinks conceptually, links problems and symptoms to identify underlying issues and root causes; proactively formulates potential solutions and follows them to implementation.
- Fosters open communication; listens and responds to input and concerns expressed by others.
- Values teaching. Actively works with department staff to grow skills, accounting, and HR knowledge.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in leading/managing a team.
- Proven and measurable results and consistent progression in roles and responsibilities
- Strong ERP / Accounting information systems background
- Ability to work independently and meet multiple competing deadlines.
- 10+years of industry experience, including extensive financial and managerial accounting experience. Controller experience is a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; MBA or master’s in accounting is valued.
- A hands-on, analytical, and strategic mindset
- Thorough understanding of accounting policies.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods, with the ability to strategize and solve problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft products, including Excel.
- NetSuite experience is a plus.
The following benefits are provided by Trinity Road LLC, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to email@example.com