Announcing The Catholic Company’s 12th Annual First Communion Photo Contest
Is a child in your life celebrating their First Holy Communion this year?
If so, pick the best photo from that very special day and submit it to our 12th annual First Communion Photo Contest for your chance to win one of three gift card prizes to CatholicCompany.com.
Each year we thoroughly enjoy seeing these breathtaking photos of children receiving the Blessed Sacrament for the first time. What a joy to witness their communion with Christ and communion with the Catholic Church, and our online community agrees! We think it's a great way to celebrate our shared Faith.
Contest Start / End:
The contest opens on Sunday,
April 21, 2019 and ends on Monday, May 27, 2019.
How to Enter:
Take your best photo of a child on the day of their First Holy Communion and email it to us at
*If you have more than one child receiving First Communion, you may submit 1 photo per child for a total of up to 3 photos per family.
Please include in each email entry:
1) Subject line: The child's first name
2) In the email body:
- Your name
- A caption for the photo
- The city and state where the photo was taken.
We will upload all eligible photos to an album featured on our Facebook page for our followers to view.
Employees of The Catholic Company will choose their top three favorite First Communion photos.
The Grand Prize winner will receive a $100 Gift Card* to The Catholic Company. Additionally, two Honorable Mention winners will receive a $50 gift card. The winners will be announced on Facebook on May 31, 2019 and personally contacted via email.
Ready to start shopping now? Check out our
First Holy Communion Gift Collection.
Rules & Guidelines:
- Photos must be from the 2019 First Communion season.
- The higher the resolution of the photo, the better!
- Small, low-resolution, or blurry images may be disqualified.
- You must own the copyright to the photo or have permission from the child's parents to submit their photo.
- Original photo files only (no screenshots).
- Photo files must be attached to the email itself (no links to photo folders).
- Unenhanced photos only (no photo collages, photo effects, or text/graphics on photo).
- Personal photos only; no professional images by outside photographers
***Please remember to act respectfully during the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. Follow the guidelines of your parish if you are taking pictures during the Mass itself and be sure to minimize distractions to other parishioners. We reserve the right to delete any submissions we deem inappropriate in any way.
By submitting the photo, you grant The Catholic Company permission to display or distribute the photo on our website, blog, social networks, printed material, etc. You will receive no compensation for our usage. We reserve the right to delete any submissions we deem inappropriate in any way.
*The Gift Cards have no cash value and can be used only for the purchase of merchandise plus shipping fees at www.CatholicCompany.com.