- The Devil in the City of Angels: My Encounters with the Diabolical
- How Satan is exposed as the Father of Lies so we can see how he works and how to defeat him.
I went from an indifferent apathetic Sunday Mass attending Catholic Christian to an on fire Catholic Christian in a few short years. What reignited my faith? The many encounters I had with the occult and diabolical.”
So says renowned Catholic apologist and retired veteran of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Jesse Romero. Now for the first time in print, Romero reveals the harrowing details of his experiences with the demonic while working for the LASD. Discover the true stories of spiritual warfare being waged in the streets and alleys of L.A., including:
• Romero’s encounters with Richard Ramirez, the infamous “Night Stalker”
• How the Rosary drove out a demon that had taken hold of a young man
• What happened when inmates involved in the occult would try to say “Jesus is Lord”
• How a young man who had committed suicide returned to beg his parents for prayers to release him from the pains of Purgatory
• …and much more.
The Devil in the City of Angels is much more than a catalog of strange and terrifying events. It exposes Satan as the Father of Lies so we can see how he works, and how to defeat him. Drawing on his own experiences as well as the most authoritative sources, Romero offers the reader numerous cautionary tales, but also that hope that is only found in Jesus Christ and his Church.
- Measures: 5.5" x 8.5"