- Grace Before Meals: Recipes and Inspiration for Family Meals and Family Life
- The perfect family-bonding book
- Fun, delightful, and joyful
- Concrete advice, recipes, and ideas from a cooking-show priest
With just a few ingredients and a few hours of time, your kitchen can become the perfect setting not only for a delicious meal but for experiencing the greatest blessings in life. This new edition includes the recipe which helped him win "Throwdown".
In Grace Before Meals: Recipes and Inspiration for Family Meals and Family Life, Father Leo Patalinghug (yes, the same Father Leo who defeated Bobby Flay on Throwdown!) helps you make family meals a way of life. Combining more than 30 simple but delicious recipes related to personal milestones, family holidays, and faith observances, along with scriptural references and short essays offering wisdom on faith, values, and family togetherness, Father Leo shows that mealtime is the perfect setting for discussing the major issues all families face. In fact, research shows that frequent family dinners can reduce many risks facing children, including drug and alcohol abuse, teen pregnancy, depression, eating disorders, and poor academic performance. These are meals that nourish body and spirit.
Fr. Leo's cookbook includes:
- Short reflective essays
- Questions and topics to discuss during the meal
- More than 30 healthy, easy-to-prepare recipes
- Scripture references
- Dozens of family-friendly cooking and parenting tips