- Man and Woman He Created Them
- The catecheses of Song of Songs and Tobit: a comparison between the delivered text and the longer original pre-Papal text
- A comprehensive index of words and phrases
- Includes a scriptural index
In this new critical translation of Pope John Paul II’s magnum opus, internationally renowned biblical scholar Michael Waldstein presents John Paul II’s magnificent vision of the human person with meticulous scholarship and profound insight.
In this vision, shared in his general audience addresses from September 5, 1979 to November 28, 1984, John Paul II presents a catechesis centered on the human person, understood within the mystery of Christ. Going back to the biblical “beginning” as recorded in Genesis, the pope discusses the bodily dimension of human personhood, sexuality, and marriage and celibacy in the light of biblical revelation.
Complete with a new introduction and new footnotes, this edition has been crafted with a penetrating eye to the past twenty years of study since John Paul II gave his Theology of the Body talks.
- A foreword by Cardinal Schönborn, Archbishop of Vienna
- A preface by Christopher West
- A reference table for other versions of the papal texts
MICHAEL WALDSTEIN is Chancellor and Francis of Assisi Professor of New Testament at the International Theological Institute, Austria. Together with his wife, Susie, he is a member of the Pontifical Council for the Family. Prof. Waldstein earned a B.A. at Thomas Aquinas College, California, a Ph.D. in Philosophy at the University of Dallas, an S.S.L. in Scripture from the Biblicum in Rome, and a Th.D. in New Testament and Christian origins at Harvard Divinity School. Before his present appointment, he was Associate Professor of New Testament at the University of Notre Dame. He and his wife have eight children.
- Author: Pope John Paul II
- Format: Softcover
- Pages: 608