- Oremus is a collection of cherished prayers in Latin with their English translations
- The exact words prayed by many of the saints over the centuries
Oremus allows Catholics to experience anew—or for the first time—the beauty and rich spiritual heritage of the language used for almost two-thousand years in the scriptures, liturgy, and prayers of the Church. Traditional Latin prayers such as the Ave Maria, Sancte Michael, and Tantum Ergo are presented side-by-side with their literal English translations in this extraordinary collection.
Pope Francis’s Twitter account in Latin has grown from 100,000 followers in 2013 to more than almost a million in 2020; and there is a growing interest by Catholics to learn traditional prayers in Latin.
Oremus is a collection of cherished prayers in Latin—the exact words prayed by many of the saints over the centuries—including:
- The prayers of the Rosary—Pater Noster, Gloria Patri, and Salve Regina;
- Prayers for Eucharistic Adoration—O Salutaris, Laudes Divinae, and Anima Christi;
- Prayers for morning, evening, and night—Benedictus, Magnificat, Nunc Dimittis;
- Favorite psalms and Gospel Sequences;
- Prayers used by St. Louis de Montfort in his preparation for Total Consecration to Mary—Veni Creator and Ave Maris Stella; and
- Prayers of and to saints—Te Deum and Suscipe.
Oremus includes an introduction, ecclesiastical Latin pronunciation guide, index, and accent markings throughout the text. It can be used as a prayer book for individuals, classrooms, families, and small groups.
- Author: Ave Maria Press
- Pages: 224
- Format: paperback