- Thinking Like Jesus -The Psychology of a Faithful Disciple
- What do I do if I can't control my emotions?
How do I handle difficult family members?
What do I do if I can’t control my emotions?
When do I correct others, and when do I hold my tongue?
Too often we are late in realizing that we mishandled a situation, causing both resentment and frustration. But what if you could approach every situation with the mind of Christ?
Distilled from his decades of experience as a clinical psychologist and a practicing Catholic, Dr. Ray Guarendi, popular radio and TV host, offers here dozens of bite-sized reflections that combine sound spiritual advice with the best of modern psychology.
Dr. Ray will help you address countless daily problems and create a plan of action for your most common troubles. With his trademark frankness and humor, Dr. Ray tackles all the topics that too often bring confusion and heartache, including:
• What to do when you’re easily offended
• Common excuses parents make for bad behavior in their children—and themselves
• The difference between speaking your mind and losing your emotions.
• The fine line between being a confident evangelist and being a jerk?
• What you should do when emotions overwhelm you?
• How to hold your children to high standards without causing resentment
• The difference between making an excuse and justifying an action
• How to tell people you’re angry without being nasty about it.
• What true humility is – and isn’t.
Thinking Like Jesus is more than a self-help book. It will place you firmly into the mindset of a disciple of Christ so you can focus your attention on God and, ultimately, what it will take to spend eternity with Him in heaven.