- The Essential Lenten Handbook: A Daily Companion
- Gain a deeper understanding of the meaning of Lent, preparation for Easter, and the Stations of the Cross
- Features traditional and modern Lenten prayers and daily meditations
- Perfect for use as a family or as an individual
The Essential Lenten Handbook provides everything readers need for a richer experience of the forty days before Easter. Whether one wishes to follow a traditional program of Lenten devotions centered around prayer, a "modern" program that focuses on Scripture readings, a family model that brings loved ones together for a shared spiritual journey, or a unique devotional program, this all-in-one resource is an invaluable reference and the quintessential compact guidebook to all of the basic Lenten practices of Catholicism.
The Essential Lenten Handbook covers a wide range of topics, including:
- A short history of Lent
- Traditional Lenten hymns
- The penitential nature of Lent
- Prayers of confession and reconciliation
- Stations of the Cross
- A Rule of Life for Lent
- Lenten prayers to Christ and the Blessed Mother
- Daily meditations for cycles A, B, and C
- A glossary of Lenten terms
- ...and much more!
Perfect for Catholic families, returnees in need of a refresher course, converts learning about the Catholic faith, seekers looking to recharge their lives, and people who are searching for a helping hand through the Lenten season.