- His Angels At Our Side: Understanding Their Power in Our Souls and The World
We all believe in and love angels, but most of us know little about them and their roles in our lives. Angels do not form a separate universe — they are an integral part of our own world. In these pages, Fr. John Horgan introduces us to everything Scripture and the Church tells us about angels, including:
• Why the Church teaches that the angels were created at the time of creation
• The responsibilities of the angels at every Mass
• The key difference between spirits and angels
• Seven habits you must develop to grow closer to God through His angels
• The difference between Archangel Gabriel’s apparitions to Mary and Zechariah
• How St. Joseph can expose you to the inspirations of the angels
• The difference in the way humans and angels think
• How you can imitate the warrior nature of the angels
• The three ways you must respond to your angel’s guardianship
• The five roles that every angel takes in their service for the Lord
• The surprising ways in which angelic warfare is carried out
Ask the angels to join you as you go to Christ in the Eucharist. Ask them to help you prepare to receive Him in His Word and in His Body, blood, Soul, and Divinity. Ask the angels to enlighten you, to take away from your eyes the blinders of sin and darkness, to purify you as once they purified the lips of the prophet Isaiah. Ask the angels to direct you ever and always in all the choices of your daily life to Christ who calls us to a life of union and love with His Heavenly Father.
Follow the advice in this book, and your crosses will become lighter and your fidelity to God will increase. You will walk more surely in the way that Christ has traced out for you, following Him who is the Way, Truth, and Life.