- Tapestry style rosary pouch & beads
- Keep your prayer beads handy with this 2-piece set
- Ancient traditional prayer practice
- Prayer rope beads with 30 knots
Keep your prayer beads close by wit this reversible tapestry cloth Jesus Prayer pouch. Includes wooden prayer rope beads with 30 knots.
Fully lined with zipper closure and sentiment that reflects one's humility calling out for God’s mercy - Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Have mercy on me a sinner.
The Chotki is a very simple prayer rope. Early Christians made several variations of this prayer, which became known as the Jesus Prayer. It has come down to us in three forms:
- Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on me.
- Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
- Lord Jesus Christ, by the prayers of Our Lady, have mercy on me.
The Jesus Prayer is said on each and every bead. However, for special intentions, you substitute the name of another who is ill or in need of special prayers. The Chotki consists of beads or knots, and is said to have been inspired by the words of St. Paul in 1 Thessalonians 5:17, "Pray without ceasing.”
Note: Personalization, if added, will be engraved on a silver charm attached to the pouch.
- 4.25" x 3"
- 8" L beads