- Intimate and moving account
- Friendship of Pope St. John Paul II & his Papal Biographer
- The tumult of post Vatican-II Catholicism
- JP II's personal sufferings and the lessons they modeled
- Hopeful, beautiful and inspirational read
In Lessons in Hope, George Weigel tells the story of his unique friendship with St. John Paul II. As Weigel learns the pope “from inside,” he also offers a firsthand account of the tumult of post-Vatican II Catholicism and the Cold War’s endgame, introducing readers to the heroes who brought down European communism. Later, he shows us the aging pope grappling with the post-9/11 world order and teaching new lessons in dignity through his own suffering.
A deeply humane portrait of an eminent scholar learning a saint, Lessons in Hope is essential reading for anyone seeking a fuller understanding of a world-changing pope.
- Author: George Weigel
- 368 pages