- The Shadow of His Wings: The True Story of Fr. Gereon Goldmann, OFM
- The true life story of a priest forced to become a Nazi SS Officer
- Inspiring, uplifting, and powerful
- An incredible testimony to the mercy of God
Here is the astonishing true story of the harrowing experiences of a young German seminarian drafted into Hitler's dreaded SS at the onset of World War II. Without betraying his Christian ideals, against all odds, and in the face of Evil, Gereon Goldmann was able to complete his priestly training, be ordained, and secretly minister to German Catholic soldiers and innocent civilian victims caught up in the horrors of war. How it all came to pass will astound you.
Father Goldmann tells of his own incredible experiences of the trials of war, his many escapes from almost certain death, and the diabolical persecution that he and his fellow Catholic soldiers encountered on account of their faith. What emerges is an extraordinary witness to the workings of Divine Providence and the undying power of love, prayer, faith, and sacrifice.
Discover other miraculous “coincidences” in the life of SS officer Goldmann that testify to the protection of being “under the wings of God.”
- How Himmler gave Gereron permission to practice his faith
- How his assignment to Lourdes and Rome at critical moments fulfilled prophecy
- How he escaped execution after being arrested for his role in the plot to assassinate Hilter!
- How he constructed chapels, preached 2000 sermons, and started a school of theology
Fr. Gereon received the wisdom to discern God’s will and the courage to carry it out from his devotion to the Eucharist and his pledge to “do the right thing” despite all opposition. And, most important, he learned that your prayers will be heard--you only have to follow where He leads.
- Author: Fr. Gereon Goldmann
- Format: Softcover
- Pages: 350