- The Witness of Early Christian Women
- Explores the impact of women’s influence on the church then and now
- Features concise biographies of women who are considered “Mothers of the Church”
- Beautiful and inspiring
The Witness of Early Christian Women: Mothers of the Church demonstrates the radical nature of Christianity's understanding of women and their roles, especially in a pagan society that viewed them as little more than property. The variety of women here is striking: poor widows, consecrated virgins, heroic martyrs, but also businesswomen, the wealthy, and an indomitable traveler on a world tour.
Each chapter features a concise biography accompanied by writings from the early Church about the woman in question.
The Mothers of the Church include:
- Holy Women of the New Testament
- St. Blandina
- St. Perpetua and St. Felicity
- St. Helena
- St. Thecla
- St. Agnes of Rome
- St. Macrina
- Proba the Widow
- St. Marcella
- St. Paula
- St. Eustochium
- St. Monica
- Egeria the Tourist
Explore the impact of each of these women on the Church, then and now. Their stories will enthrall you. Their writings will inspire you. Their witness will empower you.
- 5.5 x 8.5 inches