- A Year With The Church Fathers: Patristic Wisdom For Daily Living
- A well-planned daily retreat
- Short readings for each day
- Perfect for reading in a year, or for any time
In A Year With The Fathers: Patristic Wisdom For Daily Living, Mike Aquilina, popular author on Patristics, gathers the wisest, most practical teachings and exhortations from the Fathers of the Church, and presents them in a format perfect for daily meditation and inspiration.
- Learn to humbly accept correction from Saint Clement of Rome
- Let Tertullian teach you how to clear your mind before prayer
- Read Saint Gregory the Great and deepen your love of the Eucharist
- Do you suffer from pain or illness? Saint John Chrysostom's counsels will refresh you
- Do you have trouble curbing your appetite for food and other fleshly things? Saint John Cassian will teach you the true way to moderation and self-control
A Year With The Church Fathers is different from a study guide and more than a collection of pious passages. It is a year-long retreat that in just a few minutes every day will lead you on a journey of contemplation, prayer, resolution, and spiritual growth that is guaranteed to bring you closer to God and His Truth.
- Author: Mike Aquilina
- Format: Hardcover
- Pages: 388
- Printed and bound in the United States
- Imitation leather