- 2 Book Set
- 101 Surprising Facts About Church History
- The perfect Catholic coffee-table book
- 101 Surprising Facts About St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican
- Uncovers the secrets and surprising facts about the Vatican City and its famous church
- A Catholic priest held the first insights into the "Big Bang" theory well before anyone else?
- The first prototype of today's moving robots was found in a medieval monastery?
- Many types of food and drink have their origins within the Church, including cappuccino, sparkling wine, and pretzels
- The Holy Bible was the first work of the Gutenberg Press
- The Church has patron saints for all sorts of things, including headaches, ugliness, fireworks, hangovers, and television
The Vatican, comprised of the Apostolic Palace, St. Peter's Basilica, and various other buildings, serves as the headquarters of the Catholic Church. Thousands of Catholics flock to the Vatican and its iconic basilica each year.
But what do you really know about this great basilica and the city that houses it?
- Do you know where Pope Francis actually lives?
- Do you know which pope was the first non-Italian pope since 1523 AD?
- Did you know there were 265 popes before Pope Francis? (St. Peter being the first)
With beautiful and vivid images of St. Peter's and the Vatican, this is a great way to learn about this wonderful place.
Keep it on your coffee-table, flip through it in the car while you wait to pick up the for kids, or have it on your nightstand for easy reading before bed. It's very informative and a great addition to any Catholic home.
Dimensions & Specifications:
101 Surprising Facts About Church History:
- Dimensions: 8.5" x 11"
- ISBN: 9781618907332
- Author: Fr. David Vincent Meconi, S.J.
- Language: English
- Pages: 108
- Format: Softcover
101 Surprising Facts About St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican
- 8½ x 11 inches
- ISBN: 9781618906878
- Format: Softcover
- Pages: 101
- Author: Fr. Jeffrey Kirby, S.T.L.