- Come and See: A Catholic Guide to the Holy Land
- Accompanies pilgrims through holy sites in Galilee, the Dead Sea, and Jerusalem
- Biblical texts and the testimonies of both Roman historians and early Christian witnesses and writers
- Extra sections with reflections for seminarians
What better way is there to become configured to Christ than by following in His footsteps? A pilgrimage to the Holy Land allows one to follow, quite literally, in Our Lord’s footsteps, to discover His homeland and the cultural, linguistic, historical, and topographical landscapes that reveal so much about Jesus Christ.
Come and See: A Catholic Guide to the Holy Land accompanies pilgrims through holy sites in Galilee, the Dead Sea, and Jerusalem. Contemplate the mysteries of Our Lord’s earthly life and ministry with appropriate biblical texts and the testimonies of both Roman historians and early Christian witnesses and writers.
This uniquely Catholic travel guide features:
- Vibrant, full-color pictures
Almost every page features photographs of the holy sites, as well as sacred art and even diagrams for historical context.
- Scripture on Site
See the place the Lord’s Ascension actually occurred while reading about it in the Book of Acts. Experience the Jordan River while contemplating Christ’s baptism in that very place. Bring both the sites and the Scriptures to life by reading the Scripture on Site suggestions.
- Reflection sections with specific reflections for seminarians
Not only is this guide informative, it is devotional. The reflection sections are perfect journaling prompts, group discussion questions, or simply guides for quiet reflection. Seminarians particularly will benefit from questions focused on their formation and future priestly ministry.
- Special durable cover and compact travel size
This is one guide that can stand up to the rigors of travel! The cover is tear-resistant and the size is perfect for taking along on day trips to holy sites.
Fr. Charles Samson’s Come and See will be a welcome companion for all who journey to the Holy Land to better know and love Christ.
- Author: Fr. Charles K. Samson
- Pages: 284
- Format: Paperback