- The essential prayer book for Catholic deacons
- Author Greg Kandra, is one of the most popular voices and enthusiastic advocates of the deaconate in the Church today.
- Kandra has written prayers to greatly strengthen a deacon’s spiritual life and richly enhance his ministry
- An indispensable addition to any deacon’s prayer corner, briefcase, or glove compartment
Greg Kandra’s A Deacon Prays—the essential prayer book for Catholic deacons—is a practical, daily companion that speaks to deacons as no other book has because it comes from Kandra, creator of The Deacon’s Bench blog and one of the most popular voices and enthusiastic advocates of the deaconate in the Church today.
Kandra left a successful career as a television news writer and producer to become a Catholic deacon after the September 11, 2001, attack on the World Trade Center. Covering the devastating story set Kandra on a spiritual quest that led to his ordination in 2007. He serves a parish in the Diocese of Brooklyn.
In A Deacon Prays, Kandra has written prayers to greatly strengthen a deacon’s spiritual life and richly enhance his ministry. There are prayers
- for daily life and seasons;
- for service in particular ministries;
- to patron saints;
- of devotion tailored for deacons;
- of petition and intercession; and
- marking special times in the life of a deacon.
This is an indispensable addition to any deacon’s prayer corner, briefcase, or glove compartment, and will be a popular gift for ordinations, birthdays, holidays, and other special occasions in the life of a Catholic deacon.
With about 20,000 deacons serving the Catholic Church in the United States, the permanent diaconate is its fastest-growing vocation. Deacons serve in parishes, dioceses, schools, health care, social service agencies, and many more ministries throughout the Church.
- Author: Greg Kandra
- Pages: 160
- Format: Paperback