- His Angels at Our Side: Understanding Their Power in Our Souls
- A great book with good advice to help your crosses become lighter
- Angels and Saints: A Biblical Guide to Friendship with God's Holy Ones
- Cultivate a friendship with God's holy ones
His Angels at Our Side: Understanding Their Power in Our Souls
We all believe in and love angels, but most of us know little about them and their roles in our lives. Angels do not form a separate universe — they are an integral part of our own world. In these pages, Fr. John Horgan introduces us to everything Scripture and the Church tells us about angels, including:
• Why the Church teaches that the angels were created at the time of creation
• The responsibilities of the angels at every Mass
• The key difference between spirits and angels
• Seven habits you must develop to grow closer to God through His angels
• The difference between Archangel Gabriel’s apparitions to Mary and Zechariah
• How St. Joseph can expose you to the inspirations of the angels
• The difference in the way humans and angels think
• How you can imitate the warrior nature of the angels
• The three ways you must respond to your angel’s guardianship
• The five roles that every angel takes in their service for the Lord
• The surprising ways in which angelic warfare is carried out
Ask the angels to join you as you go to Christ in the Eucharist. Ask them to help you prepare to receive Him in His Word and in His Body, blood, Soul, and Divinity. Ask the angels to enlighten you, to take away from your eyes the blinders of sin and darkness, to purify you as once they purified the lips of the prophet Isaiah. Ask the angels to direct you ever and always in all the choices of your daily life to Christ who calls us to a life of union and love with His Heavenly Father.
Follow the advice in this book, and your crosses will become lighter and your fidelity to God will increase. You will walk more surely in the way that Christ has traced out for you, following Him who is the Way, Truth, and Life.
Angels and Saints: A Biblical Guide to Friendship with God's Holy Ones
Angels and saints. Catholics tend to think of them as different from the rest of us. They’re cast in plaster or simpering on a holy card, performing miracles with superhero strength, or playing a harp in highest heaven.
Yet they are very near to us in every way. In this lively book, Scott Hahn dispels the false notions and urban legends people use to keep the saints at a safe distance. The truth is that Jesus Christ has united heaven and earth in a close communion. Drawing deeply from Scripture, Dr. Hahn shows that the hosts of heaven surround the earthly Church as a "great cloud of witnesses." The martyrs cry out from heaven’s altar begging for justice on the earth. The prayers of the saints and angels rise to God, in the Book of Revelation, like the sweet aroma of incense.
Dr. Hahn tells the stories of several saints (and several angels too) in a way that’s fresh and new. The saints are spiritual giants but with flesh-and-blood reality. They have strong, holy ambitions—and powerful temptations and opposition that must be overcome. Their stories are amazing and yet familiar enough to motivate us to live more beautiful lives. In this telling of their story, the saints are neither otherworldly nor this-worldly. They exemplify the integrated life that every Christian is called to live.
Still, their lives are as different from one another as human lives can be. Dr. Hahn shows the heavenly Church in all its kaleidoscopic diversity—from Moses to Mary, Augustine to Therese, and the first century to the last century.
Only saints will live in heaven. We need to be more like the saints if we want to live in heaven someday. Dr. Hahn shows us that our heavenly life can begin now.
Dimensions & Specifications
His Angels at Our Side
- ISBN: 9781682780305
- Author: FR. John Horgan
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 304
Angels and Saints
- Measures 8½ x 5¾ inches
- ISBN: 978030759079
- Pages: 210
- Author: Scott Hahn
- Format: Hardcover
- Language: English