- A Catholic Survival Guide for Times of Emergency
- In times of emergency it may not be possible to have recourse to the sacraments or the assistance of clergy when you need them
- This book provides traditional devotions, approved by the Church, that give you access to His forgiveness and grace
This short book was written during the COVID-19 pandemic when churches were closed in response to rising infections and deaths around the world. One thing we have learnt from this crisis is that life-changing emergencies can hit at any time. During times of personal, family or national emergency it may not be possible to have recourse to the sacraments or the assistance of clergy at the very moment you desperately need them. Understandably, this can cause great distress and anxiety. Thankfully, God in His providence has provided traditional devotions, approved by the Church, that give you access to His forgiveness and grace, the assistance of His saints, and guidance from the doctrinal wisdom of His Church. A Catholic Survival Guide for Times of Emergency will help you know what to do:
- when deprived of Confession or Holy Communion;
- when suffering life-threatening situations without a priest;
- when preparing for God’s Judgement on your own;
- when a family member is dying or has died on their own;
- when grieving without the assistance of a priest.
This book will also provide you with Sacred Scripture for times of emergency, traditional prayers for times of national emergency, and guidance about when and how to perform an emergency baptism.
- Author: Deacon Nick Donnelly
- Pages: 208
- Format: Paperback