- "Drinking with The Saints" paired with a one-of-a-kind bar towel
- Delight and engage family and friends with this great gift
- Spend your happy hour learning from the saints
- Exclusive to The Catholic Company
This good humored book and towel set serves up sincere tidings of faith, delicious cocktails, and excellent Catholic commentary.
Michael P. Foley's Drinking with the Saints brings to life the saints and drinks that crafted brewing customs. Supported by extensive appendixes to the church liturgical year, Foley provides a historical and technical guide to spirits; both of which are helpful to laymen. You'll learn cocktail recipes and prayers, benedictions and Latin toasts, wine and beer recommendations, serving up genuine appreciation and a deepened understanding of the saints. The St. Brigid "Lake of Beer" bar towel makes a great addition to the set.
Saint Brigid's poem reads:
I'd like to give
A lake of beer to God.
I'd love the heavenly
host to be tippling there
For all eternity.
I'd sit with the men,
The women of God,
There by the lake of beer.
We'd be drinking
Good health forever
And every drop
Would be a prayer.
© Copyright 2017 Trinity Road LLC/The Catholic Company
- Book: 7.25" x 9" , Format Hardcover, Pages: 487, Author: Michael L. Foley
- Towel: 100% cotton, 28" x 29", machine wash, tumble dry