- Giving Thanks and Letting Go - Reflections on the Gift of Motherhood
- Offers sage advice on raising children and learning to trust in God’s providence
- Shares Danielle Bean’s personal experience of launching her children into their adult lives
What happens to a mother’s heart when her children grow up and begin their own lives? How can she absorb the mixed emotions of anxiety and excitement, grief and hope?
In Giving Thanks and Letting Go, bestselling Catholic author Danielle Bean ponders her emptying nest and overflowing heart as she encourages you to join her in leaning on God and discovering the joy and promise of this sacred season of parenting.
Comforting, relatable, and practical, Giving Thanks and Letting Go shares Danielle Bean’s personal experience of launching her children into their adult lives. From this crucial moment in her motherhood, she offers sage advice as she reflects on the precious years she spent raising children and learning to trust in God’s providence.
In her most personal book to date, Bean, brand manager at CatholicMom.com, reveals the freedom she discovered as she tossed out old trophies and Nordic Ware; the release she feels when she lets herself sob with abandon; the pleasant satisfaction of extra space in her home and in her marriage; and the happy recognition of God's abiding presence through all the years of family life.
As you accompany Bean on her journey, you will learn to
- let yourself grieve;
- acknowledge that being a mom has never been easy;
- turn to your husband;
- give up control;
- accept the suffering with grace;
- trust in God to have the best plans;
- spark joy, give thanks, and move on; and
- nourish your soul, body, and mind.
Allow these familiar, comforting, and heart-tugging scenes from Bean's life and the lessons she’s learned be your trusted companion for reflecting on your own parenting journey.
- Author: Danielle Bean
- Pages: 128
- Format: Paperback