- The Last Hours of Jesus: From Gethsemane to Golgotha
- Moment-by-moment account of the powerful events that transpired from the Agony in the Garden to the crucifixion
- Go to Heaven: A Spiritual Road Map to Eternity
- Learn how to be a true Christian
The Last Hours of Jesus: From Gethsemane to Golgotha
Each of the four Gospels tells only part of the story of Jesus . . . and all of them leave out background facts that are essential to understanding events surrounding Jesus’arrest, trial, and crucifixion.
That’s because the Gospels were written for readers already familiar with many of the persons, places, parties, and politics that governed events in those long-past days.Not so modern readers, twenty centuries later!
Which is why Fr. Ralph Gorman has here crafted a single, unforgettable, detailed account that combines material from all four Gospels with critically-important Old Testament passages, plus relevant facts from Jewish and Roman history, laws, traditions, and practices. He also includes helpful first century military, political, geographical, and archaeological information and keen depictions of Gospel places based on his three years residence there.
A richly-textured, moment-by-moment account that brings to vivid life the powerful events that transpired between Jesus' Agony in the Garden and His death on the Cross – a narrative that actually provides a fuller treatment of the events of Passion Week than is found in any of the Gospels.
From The Last Hours of Jesus, you’ll come to learn scores of new – and often surprising – things, including:
- The exact moment that Satan entered Judas
- The dangerous political currents in Palestine that fueled the fatal events of Holy Week
- Why Jesus refused to answer many of His accusers
- Pontius Pilate: why he admired — but condemned — Jesus
- Why, so quickly, Palm Sunday’s “Hosannas” led to Good Friday’s “Crucify him!”
- Why, after His death, the Sanhedrin still feared Jesus
- And much more to enrich your knowledge, understanding, and love of Jesus!
Go to Heaven: A Spiritual Road Map to Eternity
Why is it, asks Bishop Fulton Sheen, that one hears so often the expression "Go to hell!" and almost never the expression "Go to heaven!" Here, at his most penetrating, challenging, and illuminating best is Bishop Sheen with his answer, in a book that breathes new meaning into the truths about heaven and hell, and new life into the concepts of faith, tolerance, love, prayer, suffering, and death.
Beginning with "The First Faint Summons to Heaven," Sheen shows how unpopular it is today to be a true Christian, and describes the struggle for living our faith amid the disorders of our times. Keenly aware of evil in the myriad forms it takes in today's world, Bishop Sheen writes about the constant battle man faces with the "seven pallbearers of character" - pride, avarice, envy, lust, anger, gluttony and sloth - linking them with the corrosive forces that never cease in their attacks on the Church and those who earnestly desire to be serious Christians.
In Go to Heaven, a great spiritual teacher and writer, deeply aware of the human and spiritual conflicts being waged in the world, shows us the way to heaven in a most eloquent book, encouraging the reader to choose heaven now, and to understand the "reality of hell."
Dimensions and Specifications:
The Last Hours of Jesus
- Fr. Ralph Gorman, C.P.
- ISBN: 9781622824700
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 304
Go to Heaven
- Measures: 5.25" x 8"
- Pages: 250
- Format: Paperback
- Author: Archbishop Fulton Sheen