- Live Today Well: St. Francis de Sales’s Simple Approach to Holiness
- Four ways to become aware of God’s presence
- Tips for spiritual time-management
- Explore Salesian meditation
Living the Christian life requires a strategy. Most of us won’t win heaven through heroic feats of sanctity but by learning to live the devout life through our everyday activities.
St. Francis de Sales has already developed for you a plan of action — a plan that has been championed by Church leaders for centuries because it doesn’t require you to set aside the normal routine of your daily life in order to pursue supernatural growth.
In these pages, Fr. Thomas Dailey — an Oblate of St. Francis de Sales — gently guides you through Salesian Spirituality, showing how you can live a daily routine that is focused on — and responsive to — the presence of God in your life.
You’ll learn how to balance time devoted to God in prayer with the time needed to complete the many tasks you must perform each day. Spiritual meditation is a vital component to any life of holiness, but one that is uncommon to those caught up in the hectic pace of life. In these pages you’ll tap into the power of Salesian meditation that can be adapted by anyone to suit any lifestyle!
You’ll also learn how to transform everyday activities into sacred moments, and how to recognize moments of grace as well as opportunities for charity that are presented throughout the day. And by following St. Frances’s five “spiritual exercises,” you’ll soon find yourself practicing the little virtues and reaching the grace-filled heights of holiness.
You’ll also learn:
- How to make a little spiritual retreat during the day
- The three dangerous tendencies that appear in leisurely conversations — and how to avoid them!
- How to conquer your greatest temptations.
- The one virtue which gives greatest assurance for reaching perfection
- The two critical elements of any good confession
- 5.5 x 8.5 inches